10 Comments

1. Playing in Pubs and Dungeons | Drop Me Anywhere
    February 15, 2014 @ 9:10 pm

[…] Twitter Facebook RSS Feed ← Oh Canada Stepping Up to Signal Hill → […]

2. Barbara Gabriel/MiddleChildWordS
    February 15, 2014 @ 9:21 pm

Sounds like my kind of day. A great hike, a great reward of the view and a pub with Irish music!

3. Barbara Barco
    February 15, 2014 @ 9:30 pm

Happy to Hear you haven’t frozen to death! Watch out for strange men! And thanks so much for the birthday card. Love you much, Barb

4. Gary Lane
    February 16, 2014 @ 10:40 am

Welcome to St. John’s, Carole! Hope today’s messy weather isn’t putting you off track. Winds should lighten up tomorrow evening. Winter is a blast, eh! BTW to pronounce Newfoundland, say Nufnland – emphasis on “land”. But I am sure someone has already suggested that to you. We usually do. Enjoy your stay.

• Drop Me Anywhere
      February 16, 2014 @ 11:29 am

Thanks Gary! I figure this weather is giving me the full “Newfie” experience.

Yes, I’ve asked many about the name and pronunciation of it. I’m working on it. It’s about the ‘land.’

• Gary Lane
        February 18, 2014 @ 11:05 am

Right on!

5. Sage
    February 22, 2014 @ 2:44 pm

When in St. John’s, I headed straight for Signal Hill, having known about it from when I was Ham Radio operator as a kid. It was a wonderful hike and the view of the harbor is incredible. Thanks for sharing.

• Drop Me Anywhere
      February 22, 2014 @ 3:13 pm

Between the views, history and people, you can’t go wrong in St. John’s. Thanks so much for reading.

6. Valium
    February 24, 2014 @ 4:21 am

I couldn’t resist commenting. Well written!

7. The Importance of being Ernest | Drop Me Anywhere
    January 31, 2016 @ 8:23 pm

[…] favorite bar in St. John’s, Newfoundland. (Read about it on the first Drop Me Anywhere trip here.) Once Hannah leaves, I overhear a bit of the conversation between the two people on my other side […]