8 Comments

1. Frank
    January 10, 2015 @ 7:45 pm

Another fine, illustrated trip report, thanks. Just one minor point: Are you absolutely sure the Rostock Christmas Markets are open until the END of January???

• Drop Me Anywhere
      January 11, 2015 @ 2:39 am

Thanks Frank. And you are correct, it’s the beginning of January. I’ve corrected it (wishful thinking?).

2. tmlwrites
    January 10, 2015 @ 8:52 pm

I LOVE taking this travel journey with you! Great writing and wonderful stories. Congrats on taking the historic baptismal plunge today – love how you tied in the symbolism about your writing. Keep plunging and the journey with unfold one dip at a time [roll eyes/smile].

• Drop Me Anywhere
      January 11, 2015 @ 2:29 am

Thanks so much. It’s truly what I was thinking about when I took every, really cold, step. It was a real sense of accomplishment when I did it.

3. Barbara Gabriel- Steal Just One Day
    January 13, 2015 @ 5:12 pm

Nice. Loved the toe-dipping ritual. Always nice to connect those experiences.

• Drop Me Anywhere
      January 14, 2015 @ 1:43 am

Thanks Barb. Yes, I like to have a ritual or two while traveling. I also always dunk my head beneath any waterfall I find whenever possible (Alaska was cold). And there’s now the beginning of a magnet collection.

4. marshp2013
    January 14, 2015 @ 12:23 pm

A fun post, Carole. I visited Warnemunde on a Baltic cruise a couple of years ago — it’s the cruise port for Berlin, though Berlin is a long (and expensive) excursion from there. So I reversed your footsteps and took the train to Rostock. It is a charming medieval city. I especially liked its ornate old city hall and the very cool town square, a great place to have a beer (or gluhwein). And if you venture into one of the ice cream shops, you’ll see people tucking into some of the most decadent sundaes you’ve ever seen.

• Drop Me Anywhere
      January 17, 2015 @ 12:32 pm

Aw man, I didn’t get any ice cream. I was robbed! Actually, I’ve seen people here eating ice cream but at 42 degrees and rainy every day, it’s somehow less appealing. Thanks for traveling with me here.